Monday, February 9, 2009

Conversation

Characters:
me- Suzanne, the author of this blog
Ping-Pong- Suzanne's older host brother

Angels:
PingPong: Suzanne, have you ever seen an angel?
Suzanne: No, have you?
PingPong: Yes...Everyday...but holidays
Suzanne: Where do you see the angel?
PingPong: At school
Suzanne: Is she pretty?
PingPong: I'm not telling. (smiles and walks off)

Music:
Characters:
Suzanne-myself
Bong-Suzanne's host brother

Bong: What are you doing?
Suzanne: Writing e-mails to my friends in the U.S.
Bong: Any boyfriends?
Suzanne: Nope
Bong: Are any of your friends drummers?
Suzanne: A few
Bong: Are they any good?
Suzanne: I don't really know.
----some youtube videos later---
Bong: They're like professionals. Much better than me.
Suzanne: I don't really know. I don't play the drums.
Bong: The lead singer, do girls think he's handsome?
Suzanne: Some girls
Bong: Do you want to see some videos of my band?
Suzanne: Okay, who's in your band?
Bong: friends.... Do you see? There's me. Aren't I handsome?
Suzanne: Yes. yes you are.
Bong: Do you like japanese boys?
Suzanne: I don't really know
Bong: Girls like the guitar player in my band. He's japanese.


Recently, there hasn't been much happening. I got a package from a very good friend of mine. It almsot made me cry with joy. Not many people know me like she does. Inside there was Zhena's Gypsy Tea, two dark chocolate candybars, some candy, burt's bees lip balm and a card. Each piece was wrapped in Christmas paper, taped to another section and then wrapped again in Tissue paper. There was so much tape that I couldn't open some of the present without ripping the paper. Also enclosed were some CDs. I love her taste in music. Throughout my exchange, every two months or so I get another mix of music in the mail along with an 8 page letter. The Cd's make up my exchange soundtrack.

Last weekend, a boy from South Carolina came and visited me and Emma in Nakhon Phanom. We took him to the crepe shops, the ice-cream shops. He asked me if I wanted to visit him in the U.S. I have no desire whatsoever to go to the south. It's just that the Pacific Northwest is like utopia. It's calm, cool, collected. There's the ocean, the mountains and the desert. Everything is there. Why leave? Sure I know that I want to travel and live in other countries, but I know I'll always go back to the northwest. It doesn't get much better.

2 comments:

colettemasu said...

I want to meet your host brother Bong and the Japanese guitar player! Is he from Japan or is he Thai-Japanese? Does he speak Japanese? Japanese boys are cute but I think mixed boys are the cutest. かわいいですよ!

happycarrotbreanna said...

his name is BONG?
AHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHH!
i just had to...sorry...