Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Update in the baking, if you don't know what I'm talking about, see the post prior to this one!

First attempt: Chocolate cake, recipe from barefoot contessa. Normally amazing, WHY then, did it bubble over and explode inside the toaster oven?

On a side note...This was amusing and a lots of fun to watch, but made me doubt my baking skills alot. And the cake was going to be heart shaped too...

Second attempt: Making brownies later that day, we were heating up the oven when the bubbling over mess from the cake before caught fire...Emma saved us with her mad baking soda skills.

Third attempt: Brownes made in a pan that is buttered with shortening but with no parchment paper. The toothpick came out clean, but when tipped upside down on the cooling rack, the brownies are not done and half the brownies stick to the pan.

As the shopkeeper said, "Excite three times!!!"

On the plus side, I now make my own smoothies and don't get charged for them. Everything else I buy is discounted now too and soon I'll be taking orders.

1 comment:

Matthew Roberts said...

haha, this sounds like a disaster, but i hope that cooking in the future will go well, thanks for looking at My blog! haha