Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Plans.

School ends for me at the end of next month. I'll have summer break for three months. Next month is pretty much finals and celebrations. The entire population of girls is going on a girlscout campout and we are all chipping in to pay for that right now. The month after will be extremely busy for me. My mother is coming to visit me. I'm looking at hotels in Bangkok right now. Unfortunately, her arrival times are pretty bad for me. Unless my host family is okay with coming down to bangkok, a ten hour drive, to meet her with me at one in the morning....I'm going to have to arrange for a tour company owned by friends of friends to meet her at the airport. I also need to have her budget so that I can reserve a bungalow on an island and figure out where we can go and things we can see. She hasn't returned my e-mails in awhile, so I'm thinking public humiliation is my secret tool. Oh yes, my passive aggressive side is returning. Anyway, I need to know a little bit more so that I can make a plan. I'm big on plans, and lists, always have been. I think it's a family thing. My dad and sister both make lists all the time. We like to prioritze, what can I say?
So, my mother should call me, so I can ask her some questions. After she comes to visit, I am going directly on a trip with rotary. I'm going to PHUKET!! I even get to go to Ko phi phi where The Beach was filmed. If Bob Macdonald is reading, I will see the waterfall. I am actually going to that island.
After ALL of that is done, I'll be switching host families. My current host family wants me to stay with them. Tonight at dinner, my host dad looked at my shirt and asked if I wanted to get it changed. Let me explain, every student has their name and grade level embroidered on their uniform shirt. Currently, my shirt has the name my first host family gave me with their surname. My host father wants to change it. When asked why, he said, "because she's my child."
Almost.
It's nice to know I'm loved.

No comments: