Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The King Plays Saxophone

There are pictures of the king everywhere. He's giant. He's taking pictures. He's playing saxonphone, he's walking his dog, he's with his wife. he is everywhere.
George Bush arrived in Thailand the same day as I did. There was a giant picture of George and Laura in Bangkok. I took a picture of it.
I'll start from thw beginning. I got on the plane with 5 other exchange students. It was such a long flight that my butt hurt from sitting. I'm not kidding. All I wanted to do was stand up, but the man next to me was asleep so I culdn't go anywhere (I had a window seat).
When that flight was finally over, I had a lay over in Tokyo for 2 hours. Did you know that in the Tokyo Narita airport you can rent a shower? I would have, but we didn't have enough time. Instead I walked around and took pictures. I also bought a weird candy necklace and some postcards. A few of you might be getting one in the mail soon.
We met up with other exchange students from the U.S. and Canada. Some of them were nice, some boring, and some weren't sociable at all.
I ended up sitting next to a girl from alaska with the unfortunate last name of Roach. We talked a lot and watched some weird indian movie called KRAZZY 4, about four crazy indians that escaped from a mental hospital.
Anyway, I landed in Bangkok at 11:40 at night there and met up with por and mae, my first host mom and dad. We went to a hotel and slept there for the night. Everything in thailand in open. The rooms were the only thing that weren't outdooors. We ate breakfast on a giant paddio outside. Rice, steamed vegetables and egg with bitter melon (surprisingly good).
Mae and I walked around Bangkok for an hour and she bought me some soda which the guy at the counter opened and poured into a plastic bag with a straw! I drank soda out of a plastic bag. It seriously made my day. We then left for an 11 hour drive to Nakhon Phanom. I'm the exchange student that lives the farthest away from any of the other exchange students in my district.
Anyway, More has happened but I'm too lazy to write about the fatc that I was introduced to so many people today that my mind has gone blank and that my host brother is really shy and can't talk to me, or that I went to school today in a cute little uniform and had to introduce myself to the class that I'll be with. It's all starting.
I woul upload pictures, but I can't figure out how right now.
Write you all later.

1 comment:

BK said...

Have you had a day off from school yet? What's the weather like? Do those lizards look like geckos? How are those mosquitos? Call me this weekend if you can. I promise to keep my phone with me and charged. (The two times you've called I was in the bathroom and the shower, of course!) Love you! Mom