Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Wrapping things up

It's like a present, I have to put all the finishing touches on it. I have to finish an Online english class that I should be working on, but am not, I have to send in a few more papers and I also just have to hope that everything will work out. My visa, passport, and ticket have not come yet, I don't know when I'm leaving, I don't know with whom I'll be traveling, I don't know how my parents are going to be, I don't know so many things, but I know more than I ever thought I would one year ago. It's pulling together, the tape is coming out, and my ticket will be the bow. Once I get on the plane I'll start to unwrap a present, a culture, a language. It'll be pandora's box, good with the bad. I'm going to be just fine because this is my year to figure out who I am and who I can be without influence from my family, friends, school, town, and society. I will be simply myself: A fool, bumbling about in a foreign culture making mistakes, laughing, trying to flirt without sarcasm. I can't wait.

No comments: