Friday, June 13, 2008

Welcome

Welcome to my blog. This is my first blog EVER! Yeah, that's right. I will be using this to document my exchange trip in Thailand. This is what I know so far.
I'm a rotary exchange student from district 5510. Through this program, I've met people from all over the world... and I haven't even left yet.
The town that I am going to be living in is called Meang Nakhon Phanom or Changwat Nakhon Phanom depending on whether you are speaking thai, or khmer. It has 30,000 people in it and is along the Mae Kong river on the Thai-Laos border.
My First host family consists of parents, a brother and a sister. The sister (who goes by Horn) is going on exchange too, so I might not meet her. The brother (who goes by harp) is seventeen. My host mother or mae (mom in thai) is a school teacher and teaches thai dancing and art. She likes to go jogging and to garden. My host father or phor ( dad in thai) is also a public school teacher. He teaches english. He likes to play badminton and is part of a traditional thai orchestra. My host brother and sister like to play basketball and computers.
I'll be going to school until February. That's all for now, I'll check in later.

No comments: